Monday, March 31, 2014

Chapter 4

As I am trying to keep order over everyone, they all seem to be worried about this beatie that they think is existing in the woods. Things are starting to get more chaotic and the older boys are picking on the younger ones. One day Piggy and I saw a ship out in the distance and we were trying to get its attention. We realized that our signal fire was out so we rushed up to the top of the mountain and reignite it but it was too late. The ship didn't see us and I was furious. I couldn't believe that the hunters didn't do their job of keeping the fire lit. I was so mad at Jack's irresponsiblity that I wanted to just kill him but  I know it wouldn't be a good example and would cause many problems.

 When Jack got back from finally killing the pig that he was so afraid to kill, I gave him an ear full of how mad I was about the signal fire. We argued for awhile until he finally admitted that he was wrong and it was his responsibility. We ended up making a fire and cooking the pig and it wasn't a bad night after all. Eating the was able to calm us down and bring us together for the time being and I was able to forget about the ship.

This chapter really makes you pick a side between Ralph and Jack. With all of the arguing and hitting and fighting it started to frustrate me. I agreed with Ralph that it was Jack's responsibility and Jack's arguing made me mad. I think Ralph has a good approach to keeping the boys in order and Jack keeps messing up. However, I liked how eventually Jack admitted to his mistake and they were able to move on from it. Being humble and admitting to your mistakes is a very important part to a successful society. If you try to continue to prove yourself right you will only be wasting time and causing more issues.



No comments:

Post a Comment